Our organisation is all about rainwater harvesting
Sufficient and safe water should be available to everyone. Unfortunately, many people don’t have access to safe water. How to change that? Harvest rainwater! Since its foundation in 2003, RAIN has been working with its partners to develop, spread and implement rainwater harvesting systems.
The idea is simple. There is hardly a place in the world where it never rains. Rainwater belongs to everyone. And the methods to collect, store, use and reuse rainwater (to ‘harvest’ rainwater) are easy to apply. So why not spread those methods around the world?
Rainwater harvesting: for whom?
We aim to motivate and help as many people as possible to apply these methods in a sustainable and effective way, whether the water is for domestic, productive or environmental purposes. Our focus is on making the concept and practice of rainwater harvesting (RWH) familiar to people in areas that lack sufficient and safe water sources.
Rainwater harvesting: with whom?
RAIN joins forces with as many parties as possible. In fact, since our foundation as an international network, we have supported many donors, NGOs, companies, governments and individuals to have a clear and positive impact on the world in which we live and work. Curious about your opportunities? Getting in touch with us is easy. We’ll gladly discuss the possibilities with you.
RAIN offers three services:
- RAIN Advice: we provide concrete advice on all elements of rainwater harvesting programmes and projects. No need for you to reinvent the wheel!
- RAIN Intelligence or Knowledge: we’ll tell you everything you want and need to know about rainwater harvesting. And while we’re at it, you can share your experiences with us. Work with us to spread the knowledge!
- RAIN Implementation: come and work with RAIN on rainwater harvesting and bring about real change on the ground. Together, we can develop and manage programmes and projects.
Read more about our advice, our knowledge sharing, and our implementation of programmes and projects.
We are a small team, with limited overheads and high transparency. Our focus:
- implementing small-scale rainwater harvesting projects;
- building the capacity of local organisations;
- sharing and exchanging knowledge on rainwater harvesting;
- lobbying and promoting rainwater harvesting.
RAIN as a brand of Aidenvironment
What happens when you combine a small, hands-on, well-connected NGO with a consultancy organization, advising its clients on sustainable value chains, production and increasing impact? Click here to read more.
Want to know more about rainwater harvesting?