Strategy and approach
Our strategy is to offer the right services to the right people, communities, NGOs, companies, governments and all thos interested. This is how, we’re growing a network that’s capable of bringing about real change for millions of people by enabling them to have sustainable access to safe water.
RAIN gives you the opportunity to become a member of its network by participating in one or more of the following three services:
- RAIN Advice: your opportunity to get concrete advice on all elements of rainwater harvesting programmes or projects. There’s no need for you to reinvent the wheel!
- RAIN Intelligence: your opportunity to get to know everything you want to know about rainwater harvesting, both from RAIN itself and from others.
- RAIN Implementation: your opportunity to work with RAIN on rainwater harvesting. Together, we can develop, implement and/or promote programmes and projects.
We are a small team with limited overheads and high transparency. Our focus:
- implementation of small-scale rainwater harvesting projects;
- capacity building of local organisations;
- the global exchange of knowledge on rainwater harvesting;
- lobbying and promoting rainwater harvesting in general and concrete programmes and projects.
Keywords in our rainwater harvesting approach are:
- 3R: recharge water sources, retain rainwater, reuse water: www.bebuffered.org;
- multiple use water services (MUS);
- sustainable business development;
- value chains.
More elaborate descriptions of these topics will soon follow.